Tibetan Issues update

3月20日
Tibetan Issues
I am sorry that I don't mean to make this blog look like a political forum. I've focused my attention to Tibetan protests recently and I've tried to collect information from different media and personal blogs. What I am really shocked to see is how prejudiced the view of western media is. It seems that they tried all their best to explain the whole situation by accusing the Chinese government of "invading" and ruining Tibet, and even spreading the idea of "free Tibet"!?

Please do a research about Chinese history before spreading this kind of ignorant ideas. If you are too lazy to do this, then watch this Video instead: http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QNKB34cJo

Although I am not in Tibet now, I can tell, from those videos uploaded on youtube and those blogs contributed by witnesses, that the protest is not peaceful and many Chinese and other ethnic groups have been attacked by protesters. As a country, should Chinese police stand out and protect innocent citizens? I don't know why western media explains everything against China. Now I know one can't fully trust any media, because any media is somehow misleading people for their own interest. You have to find out the truth by yourself! http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQnK5FcKas

Here is a video made by an Australian visitor in Tibet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kvVEgge97I

This is a blog that I recommend people to read: http://kadfly.blogspot.com/

The reason why I am so into this issue is that I've been to Tibet before and I respect Tibetan culture and religion very much. I was really touched when I saw Tibetan people living peacefully with other ethnic groups as well as preserving their own culture. China spends millions of dollars each year to build schools, roads, hospitals and other infrastructures in Tibet and numerous Chinese including Han, Muslim, and people from other minorities also devote themselves to support Tibetan construction and education! They love Tibet as Tibetans do!

China also have a lot of policies to protect people from other ethnic groups including Tibetans. For example, a Tibetan family may have three children, whereas a Han Chinese family can only have one child. The college or university admission standards are lower for Tibetan students than for Han students. I don't understand why those western media dare to say China treat Tibetans badly. If you don't believe me, please go to Tibet and have a look at the truth by yourself!!

No comments: